The Evolution of Traditional to New Media (Lecture)


Given the available media that we now have in he world, what are its role and function in a democratic society?

Well, I believe that its role first and foremost is to connect people. Media is one of the most powerful tool that can reach any audience at any given time. It should inform, bridge gaps, clarify, spread information, support or oppose and most especially, give people the right to express themselves and speak out there minds.


In what way does media affect your life?

I think that media plays a big role in my life. Being born in a time where the rise of technology, the internet and media itself was evolving, it became part of my daily life and up to this day, where globalization is at its peak, media is now my way of learning things that isn't taught in school, expressing my views and opinions, uncovering other things that aren't familiar to me and doing my role as a citizen of this country by being aware of what is happening around me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Types of Media: Print, Broadcast, New Media (Lecture)

Introduction to Media and Information Literacy

Media and Information Sources